Take back Systems for Used Batteries
Battery regulations legally bind the manufacturer of batteries and accumulators to collect and recycle used batteries Europe-wide, and to dispose of non-recyclable batteries in an environmentally friendly way.
The duties and requirements that this involves represent a complex challenge for both manufacturers and importers.
Manufacturers can ensure that used batteries are returned and properly recycled by participating in a take back scheme.
Solution and Implementation
Participation in CCR REBAT ensures the return and recycling of the used batteries - nationally and Europe-wide.
Used batteries are thus recycled in a proper, non-damaging process; non-recyclable batteries are disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
CCR REBAT provides appropriate containers for collection which, having been filled are then collected and/or replaced by the CCR logistics network.
- Reporting to authorities
- Coordination of the transport and recyclying
- Provision of containers to the collection points
- Recycling or disposal of the used batteries
- Ensuring the return quotas
- Waste balances and reporting (CCR NET)
- Pre-advised collection schedules
- Audit and control of all processes
- Web-based tracking & tracing (CCR NET)
- Telephone hotline
- Europe-wide solution
- Fulfilment of all legal requirements
- Web-based customer portal
- Efficient use of economies of scale
- Reduction of administrative workload